Monday, February 25, 2008

Here we go!


Here's my dad and Felipe loading the PT cruiser on the trailer to tow it to El Paso, TX. We left MN on Sunday about 7:30 pm, after we went to my niece Claire's Youth Symphony concert and saw her perform. We drove until 1:30 in the morning and ended up 80 miles north of Kansas City. Odometer: 52,500 on Mom and Dad's car....


Nothing much to tell today except driving. Weather and roads were good. Our one stop in our 14 hours of travel time was at the Oklahoma City Stockyards where we ate at the "famous" Cattlemen's Steakhouse. (It is in the 1000 places book for my dear competitive
readers... you know who you are!) Initially, I was not impressed because, unfortunately, I got my steak medium well. It was a little tough. Then mom gave me some of her Filet and holy cow (pun intended)! If red meat and butter got married this would be their favorite child. It was incredible!!! (One thing I did forget to mention and I am coming back to add it is the smell. These stockyards were in the back of the parking lot of the restaurant and the cows did not have a pleasant odor what-so-ever!!)

Now we are in a hotel in Hereford, TX, almost all they way across the panhandle of Texas (which I did not realize is 230 miles wide) and we did get to jaunt on Old Route 66 for about 150 miles, bringing back memories of high school choir. We should only have about 7 hours of driving left tomorrow to get to El Paso. Even though we're driving through Roswell, New Mexico, I doubt we will stop. That's all the excitement for today! Goodnight, everyone!


1 comment:

Connie said...

Gosh, it doesn't seem like you should be that far yet but I'm glad things are going good! You're missing that beautiful early spring weather here. The melty snow, the water puddles, the early morning fog! You know, the things that start to stir the farmer in all of us!