These are some of our nieces and nephews - Neto 20, Gaby 18, Deysi 23, Edgar almost 18. Felipe's dad even stayed up this time and came over to eat. He didn't on Christmas. We toasted at midnight which is similar to in the US but then we went around and gave everyone hugs. It was really nice to be able to spend New Year's with them and Felipe was happy he was able to hug his dad for the new year. We ended up going
to bed around 2a
m although we still didn't get to crack open the pinatas. Oh well. My pictures did not turn out very clearly because I didn't use the flash. His family glares at me a little when I take photos as it is so I didn't want to make them mad. It was a different experience to spend New Year's with family since we usually celebrate with friends in the US. Except the last few years we have gone over to Felipe's brother's house. Oh well, that's all for tonight. I'm going to try to call my mama on Skype.
A blog about a Minnesotan and a Mexican. Life, Laughs, Love and cultural speedbumps. Also, a narrative of our over 7500 mile journey driving from Minnesota all the way to southern Mexico and back... a true test of cultural meshing.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
New Year's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment