Day trip number one went off without a hitch. We didn't end up spending too much time in Queretaro though because we aren't really museum people and are getting a little "churched out" so we actually ran out of things to do. We got there about 10:30 and took a taxi to downtown where we hopped on some more tour trolleys. That we we got to see the major sites like the huge Roman style aquaduct which is still in use and the Hill of the Bells where Emporer Maximilliam was assisinated. There are no real bells there but the rocks have a combination of metals in them that makes them sounds like bells when you hit them against each other.
Even though Felipe's stomach is still questionable we did eat some sort of street food from this little store by the plaza. It had the most fabulous sopes and it's been 7 hours and we haven't gotten sick so I think we're home free. We'll see.... we took the 3:30 bus back to San Miguel and plan on spending the evening around here. I am working on updating pictures and adding them to the web album (the link at the top left of this page). I will actually have to start a 2nd one because you can only post 500 and I'm putting all my pictures and Maren's on there in case I lose my computer or camera so they are backed up on the internet. There is an interactive google earth map on the web album page on the left hand side. I will work on linking the photos (or at least some of them to the correct place). I tried to take random pictures along the road for this purpose as long as I can remember where we were at the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment